No One is Alone
- Visit at least monthly (often more frequently), many developing a valued connection to their incapacitated person (IP)
- Use substituted judgement to secure care and provide opportunity for activities and enrichment
- Ensure a safe, suitable living arrangement in the least restrictive environment possible.
- Arrange for needed support services and monitor the quality of the services.
- Assess health needs and arrange and authorize medical treatment.
- Manage personal property and income and utilize funds to ensure necessary support and care.
- If/when the time comes, ensure the IP is laid to rest in a compassionate and dignified manner that is compatible with their wishes.